Screengrab Social Media/X
All of Europe is sick with the knife stabbing epidemic, but in Sweden, they are taking things a step further.
One person has reportedly died, and several others are injured after a man armed with a sword attacked a high school in the small city of Fagersta in central Sweden.
Some outlets like The Telegraph are describing the blade as a ‘machete’, but a picture doing the rounds in social media clearly shows a sword, and most outlets describe it as such.
There’s also been some confusion regarding victims: some say 2 injured, three injured – but the latest reports say one dead, two heavily injured.
ABC AU News reported:
“At least two people have sustained serious injuries, according to emergency services.
After 2.20pm, local time, reports came through of an attack at Brinellskolan school in the municipality of Fagersta.”
Swedish Police has one person in custody and are investigating the incident.
“‘A call was received regarding a case of ongoing deadly violence at a school in Fagersta’, police said in a statement. The high school has about 450 students aged between 16 and 20.
Several other schools and public buildings in Fagersta were also placed in lockdown after the alleged sword attack. The lockdown was later lifted.”
#UPDATE At least two teenagers were seriously wounded after a sword-wielding attacker entered a high school in central Sweden, authorities said, while media reported the perpetrator had been shot by police.https://t.co/3orIwxkCUb pic.twitter.com/DS1AbKBixb
— AFP News Agency (@AFP) August 21, 2026
BBC reported:
“In an update on Friday, police said officers fired at the suspect before arresting and detaining him.
Police have said there is currently no danger to the public.
In a post on X, Sweden’s Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson described the attack as a ‘serious incident’, and said ‘we do not know what lies behind the act, but we know that police are working very intensively’.”
WATCH: Police raid the home of the alleged perpetrator behind the sword attack at a school in Fagersta, Sweden, that left 2 seriously injured.
The suspect allegedly posted a photo of a sword in the school toilets on TikTok before the attack. pic.twitter.com/rj13MiP3CB
— Scope Report (@ScopeReport_) August 21, 2026
Read more:
The post Man Wielding a Sword Attacks High School in Small Swedish Town – One Dead and Several Wounded – Suspect Reportedly in Police Custody appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.


